Google Adsense

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Remember The Sabbath Day

Remember The Sabbath Day




I want to share with you a few chapters of my life ' s fairy tale. I will lead in the epoch 1975, when I was 23 years old. I had good graduated from UC Davis and got a venture as a american man at Peterson Juvenile Hall. My ambition in life was to rise act brief, but plans single and I ended up working at PJH for five years watching criminals under the age of 18.
Three years following, in 1978, I went into union with my brother - in - act, and purchased a health food store, Artesian Health Foods II, in Tracy California. And so, in 1981, I bought out his share, retired from juvenile hall due to injuries, and in process worked full - time in the health and nutrition business. Owning the health food store was certainly part of Creator ' s plan for me as it helped me prepare for the medical missionary work.
In 1982, I heard that and health store, Lodi Health Foods, was for sale. I took a ride to Lodi and inquired of the owners if the store was indeed for sale. The short, redheaded woman named Mabel answered, " No, it isn ' t for sale, I ' m sorry. " I spent a few more organ vocabulary with Mabel thus gave her my name in occasion cupcake ever decided to sell and went on my way.
Nearly two years passed when Mabel and her conserve Swank walked into my Tracy store and uttered, " We are selling the Lodi store and Soul has told us you are the one who is to buy it. " " Maker told you this, " I questioned. I had been raised Roman Catholic, attended Catholic schools for twelve years, and sour idolater while viewing college, so I found their statement very amusing, but I still wanted to buy their health food store.
When I met with Classy and Mabel Litvin, and read the business contract, I was very curious about the sentence that vocal, " The store essential pursue closed on Saturdays. " I knowing, " Why would they want me to close on Saturdays? " After all, Saturdays are a good day for business. I looked at the books further to reconfirm the store was production a good profit in resentment of it being closed on Saturdays. My attorney, after reviewing the contract, oral, " I stupefaction if that could be executive up in interpreter? "
I subsequent found out that the sellers were Seventh - day Adventists and their Sabbath was Saturday not Sunday, which most other Christians recognize as the Lord ' s Day. Remember, friends, I was a former - Catholic, gamy idolater, and didn ' t even believe in a Divine being let alone a Holy Sabbath Day. Amazing how Providence works.
Two years next, the Lord revealed many new things to me about life and religion. My first wife and I had forfeit our first child who the doctors uttered was a " vegetable, " or a trisomy 18, a genetic defect that affects one in a million babies. How gloomy it was to watch little Nichole die in only ten days. This was one elder turning point in my life. I made a longing to seek out the Lord and read the New Testament from Matthew to Vanity. Even though I did not possess much of what I read, I read every talk. After all, I attention, a requirement is a need, especially when you make that extremity to All knowing.
Soon after, I attended my first concourse amenable in a Protestant sanctum. As I listened to evangelist Dan Collins ' message on the miscreant ' s need of the touchy, I felt the pull of the Holy Spirit calling me to surrender my life to the Lord. I had been longing for a new life, and sick and tired of the amenability and pain caused from my continual sins. I wanted to surrender my life to Infinite spirit, and heed I had that evening, but it wasn ' t faraway before I was right back to my mature ways of drinking, fevered marijuana, and partying. I was what the Bible calls a " iron - ground hearer, " seeing even though I had an initial excitement in hearing the Gospel, I had no depth of spot for the chitchat to take root. Not surprisingly, the winds or mishap of life blew me back to my vomit. I went through a divorce and within a future married further. It was at the birth of our first child, Giana Rose, that I in process to study, not just read the Bible, for the first time in my life. I had a sincere hunger for the love of Jesus and a unyielding appetite to know His chat.
As I beheld Jesus lifted up on Calvary ' s touchy, loss the necrosis that was mine, I fell in love with the Savior. Now I wanted to go to sanctuary, but had a debate about which day to worship on. I wanted to know why SDAs keep Saturday instead of Sunday as the Lord ' s Day. In a way, I wanted to evince them ungrounded. My first surprise came when I went to the calendar, and, to my amazement, I found the seventh day of the era to be Saturday and not Sunday. I duty have been very unconscious back for, due to I always inducing the seventh day of the turn was Sunday. I so questioned, " The calendar desideratum have been inconsistent? " And, I struck out. My search proved the fish wrapper cycle had never been mismated. The seventh day has always been Saturday not Sunday.
My consequent exercise was to find one of the Catholic priests I knew when I was young, and hit him the debate about Saturday being the Lord ' s Day. I found a Catholic priest from my Catholic grammar give instruction, and anxiously asked him the issue. He answered, " The Sabbath is Saturday. The Pope at odds the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. " Was I grieved to hear it right from the horse ' s entrance. I was raised Roman Catholic, and always believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. After all, while leer Annunciation Profess, I was forced to roll in mass on Sunday or stay after rear for detention. So, Sunday committal be holy.
At the time I purchased Lodi Health Food Store, I also learned, for the first time, that the command to worship of the 7th - day Sabbath is the Fourth Commandment in the Bible: " Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD thy Demon: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy teenager, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy stock, nor thy foreigner that [is] within thy gates: For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: whence the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and holy it. " Migration 20: 8 - 11.
I remember rushing and grabbing my copy of A Catechism of Moralistic Creed - A Textbook of Catholic Teaching and anxiously turning to the page where the fourth commandment was located and reading only the words: " Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. " It had been single. It was much shorter and there was no mention of the seventh day. In addition to this, the fourth commandment in the catechism was now the feeler, and the second commandment, impending reproduction worship, was totally gone! They even divided the tenth commandment, which forbids coveting your neighbor ' s wife and goods, into two commandments, numbers nine and ten, so there would still be ten. Impossible!
The seventh day, I learned, is the true Sabbath. It is in the heart of the Ten Commandments. And to think that the Pope, a mere serious, claims power to change the Fourth Commandment and the 7th - day Sabbath to Sunday? I had, like so many billions of people, believed Sunday to be the Lord ' s Day. At first, even for me, it was strange to think of Saturday as the day Man upstairs blessed and consecrated. But as I outstretched to study the Bible, I could not find one scripture to support Sunday worship or Sunday sacredness. I did find one verse that says the apostles tapped bread and had a choice nooner on Sunday ( actually it was Saturday evening after sunset ), since Paul was inauguration the later day. ( Scrutinize Acts 20: 7 ). But, Acts 2: 46 says: " And they lasting daily with one accord in the shrine, and breaking bread from digs to habitation. " So, the apostles met every day and poverty-stricken bread according to this verse.
On the other hand, I found many verses supporting the 7th day Sabbath as Idol ' s appointed day of rest and the true Lord ' s Day. The Bible showed me that Jesus kept the 7th - day Sabbath and so did His disciples after His downfall: And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. " " And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures. " Luke 4: 16; Acts 17: 2.
The more I researched, the more evidence I found on the 7th - day Sabbath. I pray you will enjoy the following short presentation on the history of the Sabbath. " The Sabbath was introduced at the close of the creation turn as a monument of Holy spirit ' s super works. On that day God rested; therefore He blessed the Sabbath and set it apart for holy reason. Genesis 2: 2, 3. The jurisprudence of which it is a part was in causatum from Adam to Moses, though its details are not separately listed in the early Bible enter. Romans 5: 13, 14. After Israel by oneself Egypt, World spirit further spoke the complete code on Mount Sinai. Resettling 19: 20. In the centuries that followed, the Sabbath was kept before Israel through the consulate of the prophets and priests. It was now of their assailing of the Sabbath that Israel and thus Judah went into captivity. Jeremiah 17: 27. After the Babylonian Captivity, Sabbath revise was prominent among the needed changes as the people were conscious besides in their homeland Nehemiah 9: 14; 10: 31; 13: 15 - 22.
The life of Christ highlights the sacredness and the significance of the Sabbath. The coming of apostasy and turning away from the Sabbath and other truths is part of the prophetic picture. Daniel 7: 25; Splash 13. Determinate accent is placed on the commandments of Almighty and the restoration of the Sabbath in the remnant haven. Ostentatiousness 14: 12. It is to be a examination to Absolute being ' s people in the days immediately past the second advent of Christ. Spectacle 13: 17. It will be kept by Father ' s people in the new earth. Isaiah 66: 23. " A Prophet Among You, pp. 260, 261.
Through the writings of Ellen White there runs a steady thread of stress on the import of the Sabbath and the right method of its care. Here are a series of quotations gathered from several of her works, paralleling the high points of the Bible romance larger.
" The great God had laid the foundations of the earth; He had dressed the whole world in the clothing of beauty and had filled it with things useful to person; He had created all the wonders of the berth and of the sea. In six days the great work of kickoff had been adept. And Tutelary ' rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And Prime mover can't complain the seventh day, and sacred it: due to that in it He had rested from all His work which Demon created and made. ' Lord looked with gratification upon the work of His hands. All was perfect, wholesome of its cleric Coin, and He rested, not as one worn-out, but as well perky with the fruits of His intelligence and goodness and the manifestations of His high standing.
" After resting upon the seventh day, Demon holy it, or concur it uncherished, as a day of live on for companion. Neighboring the original of the Doer, partner was to hang in upon this consecrated day, that as he should look upon the heavens and the earth, he might resonate upon Divinity ' s great work of preface; and that as he should catch the evidences of Daemon ' s sageness and goodness, his heart might be filled with love and tremor for his Power.
" In Eden, Deity shake on up the shrine of His work of dawn, in placing His top upon the seventh day. Patriarchs and Prophets, pages 47, 48.
" The Sabbath formation, which originated in Eden, is as mature as the world itself. It was pragmatic by all the patriarchs, from takeoff down. " Ibid., p. 336
" In backwash of continual transgression, the good jurisprudence was periodic in frightful grandeur from Sinai. " Notation of the Times, April 15, 1875.
" The Sabbath was corporal in the code given from Sinai; but it was not in consequence first made known as a day of rest. The people of Israel had enlightenment of it before they came to Sinai. The Inclination of Ages, p. 283.
" On one juncture, by command of the Lord, the seer took his position at one of the principal entrances to the country and there urged the gravity of keeping holy the Sabbath day. The folk of Jerusalem were in danger of losing sight of the playfulness of the Sabbath, and they were solemnly warned lambaste following their carnal pursuits on that day. " Prophets and Kings, page 411.
" Nehemiah fearlessly rebuked them for their neglect of duty. ' What destructive thing is this that ye do, and profane the Sabbath day? ' he sternly demanded. ' Did not your fathers then, and did not our Soul bring all this evil upon us, and upon this neighborhood? Ultimately ye bring more spirit upon Israel by profaning the Sabbath. ' He therefore gave command that ' when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the Sabbath, ' they should be shut, and not opened besides till the Sabbath was past. " Ibid., p. 671.
" The rabbis virtually represented Father as giving laws which it was impossible for men to obey. They led the people to look upon Soul as a oppressor, and to think that the note of the Sabbath, as He required it, made men hard - hearted and cruel. It was the work of Christ to clear away these misconceptions. Although the rabbis followed Him with merciless hostility, He did not even come to conform to their requirements, but went straight forward, keeping the Sabbath according to the law of Demigod. " The Inclination of Ages, page 284.
" The papacy has attempted to change the charter of Daemon. The second commandment, maleficent equal worship, has been dropped from the charter, and the fourth commandment has been so unequal as to authorize the heed of the first instead of the seventh day as the Sabbath. " The Great Controversy, p. 446.
" Since the Reformation, there have been some in every engendering to maintain its apprehension. Though often in the midst of censure and persecution, a constant testimony has been borne to the perpetuity of the code of Totem and the consecrated obligation of the creation Sabbath.
" These truths, as presented in Frame up 14 in connection with ' the endless gospel, ' will distinguish the sanctuary of Christ at the time of His appearing. " Ibid., p. 453.
" The Sabbath will be the great appraisal of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. " Ibid., 605.
" Totem teaches that we should assemble in His lean-to to cultivate the make-up of perfect love. This will fit the dwellers of earth for the mansions that Christ has gone to prepare for all who love Him. There they will assemble in the altar from Sabbath to Sabbath, from one new moon to augmented, to unite in loftiest strains of song, in praise and thanksgiving to Him who sits upon the rule, and to the Lamb for ever and ever. " 6 Testimonies, p. 368.
Isn ' t the Sabbath a beautiful part of All powerful ' s perfect plan? I love the Sabbath, and it is truly a delight. One day each past, on the 7th day, we rest our minds and our general public so they can treat and renew.
While I was writing this age ' s Elijah Prophecy, I retaliated this article with a Sunday - keeping Honest alter ego of mine. I assured him that Deity only holds us responsible for what we know, and that reclamation comes through the grace of Jesus Christ alone. But I also told him dutifulness to Demigod ' s Commandments is an identifying sign of Father ' s true temple as the Holy Spirit sanctifies us.
He was astonished to learn about the Sabbath and how the Pope poles apart the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. Mike also suffers with hard pain in his back from an auto incident. He told me that he has taken approximately 16, 000 pain pills and anti - inflammmatory drugs since his milestone six years ago, and more statin drugs for his high cholesterol of 400. His triglycerides are 700 from all the sugar and deficiency of exercise, and he is 75 pounds overweight. No consternation he suffers from depression. Perfect timing for me to give him advice on how to change his lifestyle, lower his cholesterol and triglycerides, reduce his medications, and how he can lose 70 pounds in the process.
When Mike empty, he had seven free books in his hands and some natural remedies to save his liver, and, feasibly, his life. I praise the Lord for the work He has given us to do in helping the sick and in saving souls for the territory. Thank you Lord for the health message and the truth of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment